Sunday, March 10, 2013

Tasting - Yalumba Viognier

Image credit: Samantha Yeh
Name: Yalumba Viognier
Variety: Viognier
Region: South Australia
Country: Australia
Year: 2012
Price: $15.95 (Kroger)

Shop Review:
Exotic, luscious, seductive, full-flavoured, musk, spice, apricots, peaches, citrus blossoms, lychees, mysterious and alluring - these are some of the enticing descriptors that the rare Viognier wines attract.

My Review:
Viognier is a new wine varietal for me. I am always excited to try new wines, and if I like them I will keep it in mind next time I go shopping. This wine brought aromas of dried apricot and lychee. It was very warm in the nose and left you feeling very intrigued. However intriguing it was, this will not be a wine i return to. The flavor of this wine was almost exactly like the smell. There was a little spice on the mid pallet that left a lingering warm spice feeling. It wasn't bad, but for some reason the mixtures of the flavors and aromas made be twinge a little. I probably wont pick this bottle up again for a wile. Maybe in the future my pallet will evolve to love this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment