Sunday, March 10, 2013

Tasting - Sutter Home White Zinfandel

Image credit: Samantha Yeh
Name: Sutter Home White Zinfandel
Variety: White Zinfandel
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2011
Price: $5.95 (Kroger)

Shop Review:
A delicate blush pink color introduces this fresh, lively wine. On your palate, light creaminess surrenders to a refreshing crisp finish of strawberries and melon. Enjoy chilled as an aperitif, or partnered with all types of foods, particularly those with a slight spiciness, such as Asian or Latin cuisine.

My Review:
I guess now I should mention that I have had a stuffy nose all day, and am not sure if it is affecting my tastings. I found this wine to smell almost like the Sutter Home Riesling, with an added strawberry undertone. I've been told that it smells nothing like the Riesling, but that's what I smell, so live with it. However on the pallet, I get a the feeling of drinking a strawberry daiquiri. The finish is nice and sweet leaving me longing for another sip.

No comments:

Post a Comment