Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tasting - Valle Las Nencias Malbec Reserve

Image credit:
http://www.klwines.com
Name: Valle Las Nencias Malbec Reserve
Variety: Malbec
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2010
Price: $14.95 (Vintage Cellar)

Shop Review:
This plush red delivers sweet raspberry and boysenberry fruit, with ample toast caressing the full-bodied finish.

My Review:
I usually do these posts a days or two after the tasting, so I have to refer back to my tasting notes for everything I felt in the moment. I say this because I have written in my notes "moldy mossy forest floor." I remember this wine and it did smell just like a forest floor. Some people desire this in a wine, but it's not on my list of what I look for. On the palate this wine is acidic and dry, with not much to show, and not lingering on the tongue. Overall a simple and short wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment