Sunday, March 3, 2013

Tasting - Villa Jolanda Moscato D'Asti

Image credit: http://www.santero.it
Name: Villa Jolanda Moscato D'Asti
Variety: Muscat Blanc a Petits Grains
Region: Asti
Country: Italy
Year: 2011
Price: $12.95 (Vintage Cellar)

Shop Review:
Straw-yellow colour wine with an intense and aromatic bouquet typical of the Muscat grape, with hints of fruit and orange blossom. It has a sweet and balanced aromatic taste. The perfect accompaniment to small pastries, hazelnut cake and dessert in general.

My Review:
This wine was deliciously sweet. We bought this wine purely on the shape of the bottle, and on the fact that I knew I liked Moscato. It smelled like a sweet bowl of fruit, just ripened. The taste was equally as delicious. Still not the sweetest Moscato I have had, but one of the sweetest wines I have ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment