Saturday, February 2, 2013

Tasting - Mars and Venus Chardonnay

Image credit: Vintage Cellar
Name: Mars and Venus Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Central Valley
Country: Chile
Year: 2011
Price: $5.95 (Vintage Cellar)

Shop Review:
A very nice value Chardonnay that comfortably over-delivers vs. its modest price tag. No oak here, just bushels of clean, crisp Chardonnay apple and stone fruit with a hint of caramelized pineapple. Juicy and clean, this is a mid-weight white that's just perfect for parties or weeknight sipping.

My Review:
The Chardonnay had a very fruity smell. I definitely got the fresh crisp apple smell. I was kind of excited to taste it. After a small taste I quickly changed my opinion on this wine. It was very strong, and quite bitter. It was nothing like the shop review said. It was very acidic and dry. This was probably my least favorite of the five wines.

No comments:

Post a Comment