Saturday, February 2, 2013

Tasting - Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau

Image credit: Vintage Cellar
Name: Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau
Variety: Gamay
Region: Beaujolais Nouveau
Country: France
Year: 2012
Price: $3.9 (Vintage Cellar)

Shop Review:
Bright and tangy, offering a classic banana note on the nose, with flavors of raspberry, wild strawberry and light spice. Modest finish.

My Review:
Before reading the shop review, one of my friends said something about bananas. I took a sniff and definitely got strawberry bananas. It wasn't a bad smell, but it didn't cover up the alcohol smell as well as some wines I have tasted lately. The taste did not go hand in had with the smell. It was not a "raspberry, and wild strawberry" flavor. I got something of a spice; more of an alcohol burn spice than anything else. This wine was very dry and very bitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment