Friday, January 25, 2013

Tasting - Opera Prima Sweet Red

Image credit: Vintage Cellar
Name: Opera Prima Sweet Red
Variety: Blend
Region: La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2010
Price: $4.95 (Vintage Cellar)

Shop Review:
Doesn't try to hide its warm-climate terroir, with a soft texture framing jammy-sweet black raspberry, cherry, red currant, root beer and sweet tea. Drink now.

My Review
The third red wine in the five wine tasting, I was not pleased with the first two reds and was expecting the worst. Even the name, with should be inviting, made me wonder. If a wine company puts the word "sweet" on their bottle, what does that mean? When I smelled the wine, it also had a very fruity, sweet smell, but this time i did not assume anything. However, when I went to taste this wine I was greatly surprised. I could definitely taste a hint of chocolate covered cherries. I found the wine to be quite enjoyable. This was the first wine I have ever been able to say this about. For only $5, people have said that there was no way for this to be a "good"wine, but I enjoyed it so much that I bought a bottle on the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment