Friday, January 25, 2013

Tasting - Encostas do Lima Vinho Verde

Image credit: Vintage Cellar
Name: Encostas do Lima Vinho Verde
Variety: 80% Loureiro and 20% Trajadura
Region: Vinho Verde
Country: Portugal
Year: 2010
Price: $4.95 (Vintage Cellar)

Shop Review:
Pale golden silver color. Bright floral aromas of peaches, raspberry and honeysuckle with a soft, dry-yet-fruity medium body and a crisp, tart citrus and talc accented finish. A delightful sipper that is sure to please.

My Review:
Being my first wine tasting, and not just throwing the stuff back to get drunk, I wasn’t really sure what I was looking for. I used what I was told about white wines to help me know what to look for and did my best to find the flavors. I wasn’t really sure what I was doing and for the most part use this tasting as the base for the next 4 wines in the tasting. It definitely tasted like wine. I took notice of the crisp- and dry-ness. I don’t know if I would call it sweet, more of an alcohol taste, but hey, I’m learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment