Friday, January 25, 2013

Tasting - Montes Alpha Syrah

Image credit: Vintage Cellar
Name: Montes Alpha Syrah
Variety: Syrah
Region: Apalta
Country: Chile
Year: 2009
Price: $7.95 (Vintage Cellar)

Shop Review:
Blackberry and cola aromas are cool and collected. The palate has weight and texture to accompany berry, mint, herb and peppery flavors. Turns more herbal and roasted as it unwinds. Pepper and spice lead the finish.

My Review:
After the dry and bitter Coreto Tinto, I wasn't sure what to expect from the next red wine. One big whiff of the Montes Alpha Syrah i was taken back to my childhood. It was just like a glass of grape juice in the morning. I was excited to taste this one. I was quite disappointed by the flavors. I was expecting a very fruity wine, but instead got yet another bitter flavor. This wine also had a slight burn as well. I didn't linger long, but I could definitely feel the alcohol in my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment